Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everything looks like it’s tinted blue. I just updated the system but it didn’t change. I’ve tried to calibrate my color but there doesn’t appear to be a menu button on my keyboard or the icon is different than the standard one with an arrow over a rectangle. I don’t understand the advanced options so I haven’t really tried to mess with those. In the settings>display menu there weren’t any color options. Help is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. I actually completely reset my laptop and deleted everything except my OS and personal files. Now it works great. Hopefully it isn’t an issue with any integrated hardware because as you know most of it can’t be replaced in my model. I noticed the effect btw sometime after (not immediately enough to conclude that they were the cause) installing Unity and Gimp to dabble in some game development. Those programs both seem relatively safe so narrowing down the exact cause of the tinting would require a professional’s analysis I think. Could be that a laptop just isn’t meant to run software of that sort. Or that might be completely unrelated. Maybe someone infected my system with a virus that tints everything blue just to slowly drive me into madness lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  Anyways, if anyone else has this bizarre problem I do know that a reset could potentially solve it if it manifests similarly to the one I experienced.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@M3rcury 

This is almost certainly an indication of failing video hardware -- either the screen or the video chip or both.

You need to connect an external monitor to the laptop.

If the visual artifacts also appear on the monitor, then it is a failing video chip and since those are soldered to the motherboard, they are not replaceable.

If the visual artifacts do NOT appear on the monitor, then it is a failing laptop screen. While those can be replaced, the cost varies enormously by individual PC model.

We are not able, or permitted, to provide any repair estimates or equipment prices.
For this information, you would need to contact an HP Repair or Service Center.

Since you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/hp-hewlett-packard/hp-hewlett-packard-service-center.htm

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. I actually completely reset my laptop and deleted everything except my OS and personal files. Now it works great. Hopefully it isn’t an issue with any integrated hardware because as you know most of it can’t be replaced in my model. I noticed the effect btw sometime after (not immediately enough to conclude that they were the cause) installing Unity and Gimp to dabble in some game development. Those programs both seem relatively safe so narrowing down the exact cause of the tinting would require a professional’s analysis I think. Could be that a laptop just isn’t meant to run software of that sort. Or that might be completely unrelated. Maybe someone infected my system with a virus that tints everything blue just to slowly drive me into madness lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  Anyways, if anyone else has this bizarre problem I do know that a reset could potentially solve it if it manifests similarly to the one I experienced.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.