Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-19-2021 01:45 PM
I bought the laptop from the original owner on the cheap so I wasn't bothered all that much when the mouse clicked out of the searchbar every now and again, turning it off and on always worked. Now however it's untenable, I use a wireless mouse, but even without it plugged in my cursor gets trapped in orbs and I can't get the mouse out of the orb. The cursor will disappear from time to time or sometimes there will be a mouse stuck in an orb and by some miracle the actual cursor hasn't been trapped there so I will see two pointers.
02-23-2021 12:57 PM
Hi@rhamm93, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I understand that touchpad has stopped working on your PC.
As you mentioned that touchpad is not getting listed in the device manager.
Have you tried checking with an external mouse? Does the external mouse work?
BIOS is updated?
Please try the steps recommended below.
Click the Device Settings or the Click Pad Settings tab of Mouse Properties. If you have a Synaptic device, the tab includes the Synaptic icon.
Select the desired touchpad under the Devices list, and then click either Enable to turn on the device.
On some touchpads, you can turn the Touchpad on or off by double tapping in the upper-left corner of the Touchpad. Double tap to turn the Touchpad on, repeat to turn the Touchpad off.
Refer to this article to further troubleshoot touchpad issues.
If the issue still persists please provide the product number of your PC.
I will try to find the best driver available for your PC
Keep me posted. Happy to help!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
02-24-2021 02:59 PM
Thank you for responding, I have tried with an external mouse and it works slightly better, but I assume it’s because I work better with an external mouse, and once it gets stuck in an orb it’s still stuck until I shut the computer down.
BIOS is updated.
The suggestion below didn’t work.
The product number is: 2DV73UA#ABA
02-25-2021 10:57 AM
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- Turn off your HP laptop.
- Disconnect all external devices (printers, USB drives, etc.) from your computer.
- Remove all recently added internal hardware.
- Press the Power button to switch your HP laptop on.
- Once your unit starts booting, immediately press the F11 key. Repeatedly press it until you see the Choose an Option screen.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Choose Reset this PC.
- You can either opt to keep your files or to remove everything.
- Select Keep My Files when you want to retain your data. Once you click Reset, your operating system will be reinstalled. The process may take a while.
- Choose Remove Everything when you want to remove all your personal files.
- You can opt to remove everything solely on the drive where your operating system is installed. On the other hand, you can click All Drives when you do not want to retain any data.
- You can also fully clean the drive you selected or just remove your files.
- Click Reset.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.