Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 13-ay0009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Spoiler

The ENVY x360 13-ay0009na is advertised to have a USB-C port with Video output capability.

To make it easy to understand I will clarify:

I will be connecting the ENVY x360 13-ay0009na to the Cable Matters USB-C Dual Monitor Hub with Dual 4K HDMI, 2x USB 2.0, Fast Ethernet, and 60W Power Delivery 201056-BLK dongle

P.S Yes, the dongle enables dual screen support and refers to the Laptop manufacturer wether they provide such a feature for it to work.

Questions:

1. How many simultaneous external screens (extended desktop screens, NOT mirrored) are supported on the ENVY x360 13-ay0009na after connecting HDMI and DISPLAY PORTS using any USB-C dual screen enabled dock?

2. Can I use TWO external screens with the ENVY x360 13-ay0009na simultaneously?

3. Can I use TWO external screens with the ENVY x360 13-ay0009na AND have my laptop screen as a THIRD monitor simultaneously?

4. At what maximum resolution and frame rates can I use TWO external screens with the ENVY x360 13-ay0009na AND have my laptop screen as a THIRD monitor simultaneously?

5. Can the USB-C port on the ENVY x360 13-ay0009na accept multi Video output, Power Delivery input/output, data transmission at USB 3.2 gen 2 10Gbps speeds simultaneously?

Kind Regards,
Faxxe

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Faxxe Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to know the Multi-Display support via USB-C on the ENVY x360 13-ay0009na.

HP recommends no more than 2 additional screens apart from the laptop.

I have checked the specification of your product. The two external screens should work fine.

The maximum resolution and frame rate depends on the monitor you have.

5GBPs is max for Power Delivery input/output, data transmission.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.