Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY15t-3200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an Envy 15t-3200 (A6U31AV). Recently I installed Youcam software to use my webcam, but an error came up and said that it does not detect any camera. I installed the latest Youcam, but I still have the error. (I've never used my webcam throughout these nine years!). In Device Manager there is no Imaging Device or Camera Section.
Could you please tell me what the problem is?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Could you please help me out?

HP Recommended

@behradbv

Welcome to HP support community.

1. Restart your computer.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

3. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Image: Scan for hardware changes

4. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me. 
I scanned for hardware changes, but nothing happened. I also restored my windows to an earlier point, but it didn't help either. The earliest restore point was for less than a month before. So I still have the problem with my webcam

HP Recommended

Can you help me, please? I still have the problem

HP Recommended

@behradbv The device manager contains all the drivers of the components connected to the device, if the driver for your webcam is not in it, though you've scanned for hardware changes, it only means that the webcam internally is either disconnected or no longer working, the best way forward is to have it repaired/replaced and to get that done, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.