Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectrum X360 Converitble 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Touchpad buttons have become difficult to push.  Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity on them.  The left click and the right click buttons.  The scrolling works fine; it is only the buttons on the touchpad that is giving me difficulty.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ronnieha,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post you are facing issues with the touchpad buttons sensitivity on your HP notebook. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to run the test on the touchpad from F2?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

This looks like a possible hardware failure with the touchpad. However, I would suggest you try these steps here: 

I would suggest here is to run a test on the touchpad from F2(Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the test fails, then this could clearly be a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP Phone support for further assistance.

You can contact HP phone support on www.hp.com/contacthp.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.