Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've run into a recurring issue where, no matter what driver I install, my laptop cannot install it past a certain point,

The driver installer finishes running but when I check the device in DM it has code 43 and in the events tab instead of the 'driver migrated' note that should be there I recieve the following error:

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver nvhm.inf_amd64_0a97655707c09c76 for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_139A&SUBSYS_820D103C&REV_A2\4&29749A8B&0&0008 with the following status: 0x0.

This has occurred on every single version of the driver I have tried, including the ones suggested by HP.

I have also tried uninstalling using DDU and re-installing but I still have the same issue, I cannot seem to fix it for the life of me.

Any help would be massively appreciated,

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@pleasehelpmeeee Welcome to HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, I suggest you perform the below steps to reinstall the drivers for the GPU:

• Uninstall the existing drivers from the device manager.
  • restart the computer, and install the latest version available at HP website, if you've already done this and it didn't work, please go to the Nvidia website: click here and download the automatic driver updates options to install the latest drivers from their website.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for the reply I have already tried all of the steps suggested and the same error still came up.

My laptop is a HP pavillion 15 BC011na, I was hoping the ones direct from HP would work better but alas after using DDU to uninstall the previous ones they still came up with the same error

HP Recommended

@pleasehelpmeeee

thank you for posting back. 

Try to turn off the Antivirus software or Firewall temporarily and then try installing the NVIDIA driver.

And, also when you install the driver make sure the “Custom” and Perform a clean installation” options are selected.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.