Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HDX X16T -1200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MediaSmart no longer has driver for Windows 10.  Any way I can get this tuner to operate?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no W10, 8.1 or 8 driver for that device.

Did you try the W7 driver?

This package provides a TV Tuner driver for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45500.exe

If the auto install file doesn't work, please post the hardware ID for the tv tuner device needing the driver.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID.

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

There may be a way to manually install the driver to get the device to work on W10, but I need the hardware ID for the tv tuner in order to find the right driver folder in the above driver file to use.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

Auto install did not appear.

These are the hardware ids for the HP ATSC/Analog TV Tuner:

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7160&SUBSYS_10551461&REV_03

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7160&SUBSYS_10551461

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7160&CC_048000

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7160&CC_0480

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that is a very strange driver package.

Here's what I have done...

I have completely disassembled the driver package and deleted all of the uneccesary files that support other hardware versions of TV tuners.

I have created a driver folder that I hope works for you, and have zipped it up and attached it below.

Here's how you can try manually installing the W7 driver...

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.  Don't do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the TV tuner needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.   Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and hopefully, the driver will install.

Then restart the PC, and see if the TV tuner works with the W7 driver on W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.