Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new HP p24 G4.  I have connected via HDMI connection to Dell Precision 3516.   HP laptop can not receive the signal from the laptop and when I switch the monitor key to HDMI , the light on monitor turns red.  Error message is " then is no signal from Video or check cable......"   .  other monitors with the same HDMI laptop, but this brand new HP does not work with the Dell laptop.  the video card in this laptop is NVDIA , any one any ideal ?.  The IT support updated all necessary drivers for the Dell, But something with this monitor that does not work with Dell Laptop.   Does anyone have any knowledge of this ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Verleger,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Envy Notebook not booting to windows just goes to a black screen. 

A faulty, loose, or wrongly-placed cable is one of the most common reasons for a monitor saying no signal. Here's how to properly check your DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort cables: Unplug each cable and then replug them. Ensure each one is properly connected (fully pushed in).

1. Turn off your computer.

2. Unplug the cable running from your monitor to your PC and plug it back in, making sure the connection is firm. The most common cause of this error is a loose cable.

3. Reattach the cable running from your monitor to your PC. If the monitor is still not displaying a signal after firmly reattaching the cable, the problem could lie with the cable, especially if the cable has visible damage.

4. Replace your monitor with another monitor if possible. If the "No Input Signal" error still appears, the problem does not rest with the cables or the monitor, but with your PC.

5. Open your PC case and locate your video card. Remove the card and then replace it firmly in its slot or, if possible, insert the video card into another slot on your motherboard. A video card that is not making a firm connection will not display images to the monitor. Close your PC case and test the monitor again.

6. Replace your video card completely. Your video card may suffer from internal damage that is not allowing it to output a signal.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.