Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Notebook HP 14s-dq1019ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot install the display drivers from HP Support or Intel on my HP Notebook, that is using the Microsoft basic Display. I tried to update the driver manually and provide the downloaded files, but the default driver is not replaced. When I try to run the drivers downloaded from HP Support web Site, I get the error that the driver is not for my operation system.

I need to install the driver because there is no way to change the internal monitor brightness, that is always at 100% even if I change it with the hotkeys or from Windows energy plan...

Please, any support will be appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI@jlaguna, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

try the following steps 

First, update the BIOS, and then download the latest Intel HD4600 driver for your notebook from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder - you need the second option ( ie win64_154028.4501.zip ).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?...

When done, download and install the .64bit version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right-click on the win64_154028.4501.zip package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right-click the Intel 4600 device and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted Intel win64_154028.4501 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder Graphics, left-click on the file igdlh64.INF to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi Praveenbv,

Thanks for your recommendations, but  

HP Recommended

Brightness is not working and there is nothing I can do. This is the last time I buy or recommend HP laptops.

HP Recommended

@, jlaguna

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.