Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot activate the privacy screen on my brand new Spectre 360. I press F2 or Fn + F2, and it does not work. F2 just decreases the brightness and F3 increases it. I need help! This laptop is not even a month old.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@rdq 

What is your machine ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for helping. My model is HP Spectre x360 - 13t-ae000 CTO

I checked the user guide for this model, and it shows the privacy button icon on the F2 key.

However, my laptop does not have it. It only shows the F2 key which also decreases the brightness.

HP Recommended

Me too - same problem here. My version is 

HP Spectre x360 - 15t-df000 

could you help please?

HP Recommended

Hello Rdq, I understand you press F2 or Fn + F2 to make it normal but sometimes it happens. I am saying so because I had the issue and go through the problem deeply. What I found important is here below, some short cuts which may help. If still problem exists then immediate contact to the brand service centre.

Shortcuts

fn+f2: Turns on the privacy screen.
fn+f5 or fn+f6: Adjusts the privacy screen for well-lit or darker environments.
fn+f2: Turns off the privacy screen.
fn+p: Turns on HP Sure View with the highest privacy setting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.