Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ExamHDMI HP 2710mple: Pavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My monitor does not display edges of display (overscan). About 1" of the computer's display is off the  edges of the monitor.  The Taskbar is not accessible. The icons near the edge do not display or maybe just a bit.  Youtube videos tell me to use the monitor's menu, but the menu of this HP product does not have an obtion to modify the fit of the computer's display to the size of the monitor.  The last driver provided by HP is for Windows 8! Anyone have any ideas on how I can make this 27" monitor useful?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The last driver provided by HP is for Windows 8!  Anyone have any ideas on how I can make this 27" monitor useful?

HP Support Assistant - Driver updates  

After typing HP Support Assistant in the search box in the taskbar, open the app.  

HP Support Assistant app home page should show that you are logged in and your device is listed.  

If not the half man icon on the left-hand side will allow you to fill in your name and email. Then add your device which usually requires your devices serial number. This allows the HP Support Assistant to give your device the correct updates.  

You have a problem with your HP device and so I would encourage you to enable the share usage data (with HP) in the settings (cog icon left-hand side). The power of AI might eventually solve your problem in future HP updates. 

HP Support Assistant home web page will navigate you too the latest HP software for your device when you click on the check for updates on the home page. 

However, it is worth manually checking to see if there is another version of the driver specific to the version of windows your device is currently using or more UNUSUALLY  you want to revert to a generic 32/64 driver. 

Support resources -> explore 

Support Resources web page opens 

HP Product Support Center -> Click here > 

Error message appears but after about 10 seconds the browser is redirected to a page specific to your HP device. 

Sign in (again) at top right of window. 

A new web page opens with the Go option which takes me to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads. 

A new feature is that users can choose drivers which match the WIN updates currently installed on your device. 

The interesting part is to choose the correct WIN 10 version (V202H if your WIN 10 64 bit is up to date) click in the version box then scroll down to the end and choose V202H -> change. The WIN 10 version number will update with your choice.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.