Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-aw010nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello dear support,
I have an HP Pavilion 15-aw010nl laptop and I have problems with the video drivers.
I did a clean windows installation and downloaded all the official HP drivers from the support page for my pc, but there was no way to get them working.
During the clean install I took several screenshots of the problems I had. I report here the steps I carried out and the tests I did:

1- my pc model is HP Pavilion 15-aw010nl, as attached "1_ 15-aw010nl full model specifications";

1_ 15-aw010nl full model specifications.jpg

2- I reinstalled Windows and updated it to the latest version:

• Windows 10 Home Edition - 20H2 version
  • Installation date: 25/12/2020
  • OS build 19042.685
  • Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
    I have installed the sp75640.exe driver (as attached "2_sp75640.exe driver install");

2_sp75640.exe driver install.png

3- during the installation of the sp75640.exe driver, Windows crashed as attached "3_BSoD after sp75640.exe driver install";

3_BSoD after sp75640.exe driver install.jpg

4- despite the crash, the pc restarted and showed me an installation completed message ("4_Install complete message after BSoD");

4_Install complete message after BSoD.png

5- I checked in the device manager and I found that the recognized video card does not seem to be the correct one ("5_Device Manager with ambiguous graphic card model"); there appears to be a dedicated R8 M445DX video card;

5_Device Manager with ambiguous graphic card model.png

6- I checked on the HP website and for my PC model, the video card seems to be another: R7 M440 ("6_Specifications from HP website");

6_Specifications from HP website.png

7- I followed the suggestion of the message in point 4 and downloaded the "win10-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-20.q4-nov10.exe" drivers from the site www.amd.com. Unfortunately, this installation also gave an error, as you can see from the attachment "7_Error during Radeon-pro-software-20.q4-nov10 driver installation";

7_Error during Radeon-pro-software-20.q4-nov10 driver installation.png

8- at the end of the failed installation I also have another error ("8_Error after Radeon-pro-software-20.q4-nov10 driver installation");

8_Error after Radeon-pro-software-20.q4-nov10 driver installation.png

9- at this moment, every time I turn on the pc this message appears ("9_AMD Radeon Pro Setting at Start up"); the video drivers are not working properly and I don't know what other tests I could do.

9_AMD Radeon Pro Setting at Start up.png

I tried to reinstall everything (both Windows and all the drivers) 3 times but there was no way to get the video drivers to work.
i tried to install your official drivers right after reinstalling Windows and it doesn't work.
I tried to install your official drivers after connecting the PC to the internet and updating windows but nothing works

I did this further test: if I directly install the AMD video drivers "win10-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-20.q4-nov10.exe" the screen backlight does not work in any way, which remains fixed at 100% and pressing the keys "F2" or "F3" does not change.
Right now the backlight works perfectly, but not the video drivers: several programs recognize only the integrated R5 video card and not the dedicated video card (R8 M445DX or R7 M440).

I am sure that my PC hardware works perfectly: it worked fine before reinstalling windows and I also ran all the tests of the "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics" updated to version 6.1.1.0 Rev.A and I didn't find any problems.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mr_Crowley

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the graphics driver on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that there is no graphics available from HP for the Windows version 20H2 for your computer. You need to install the driver using the Windows driver updates or downgrade the operating system.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

If I install the drivers though windows update they don't recognise correctly the M7 440 video card, and also the backlight stops working and it goes to 100% brighness. I cant use my laptop with 100% fixed brigthness.

The driver on windows update is "Advanced Micro Device, inc. - Display  - 10/26/2017 12:00:00 AM 22.19.180.1025" I installed it but it doesn't work, the screen backlight does not work in any way, which remains fixed at 100% and pressing the keys "F2" or "F3" does not change.

As you surely know, it is not possible to downgrade windows to a specific version, also can you tell me which old version of windows to install?

I'm sorry but you haven't answered any of my questions, and I'm still having video card issues and can't use my laptop.

Please can you help me?

HP Recommended

@Mr_Crowley

I recommend you perform a cloud recovery on the computer and it will put your computer back to the factory operating system.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.