Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pen

Hello!

So I've used this active pen before on my HP spectre and it's worked just fine. But now, when I touch the pen to the screen, it shows the little diamond cursor but does not click. For instance, if I touch my pen on the X to exit my browser, the cursor shows up on the X and the area around the X is turned grey, but it doesn't close out of my browser. It doesn't work when I try dragging the bar to scroll down on a page, either.

Additionally, when I drag my pen across a page, there's quite a bit of a lag between the cursor and the pen tip.

The nib is secure in the pen and my battery isn't too old. A couple of months, maybe. But I rarely use the pen and now I want to use it for drawing.

I have a feeling the battery is just dying but I'd hate to put a new one in only to find out that battery isn't the issue.

My finger works fine, so I know it's not a problem with my screen, and I am positive that the model of pen works with the model of computer I have, as the pen worked in the past and came with my computer itself.

Please help ASAP!

Image result for hp pen

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Abigail4

Consider

If the battery is the original, it may -- or may not -- be an "excellent" quality battery.

Little batteries are inexpensive and easy to replace.

Will it help?  Unknown.

IF your stylus is one of the following two, there is a driver you can install:

HP Pen Driver for HP Pen models 1MR94AA, Y0C43AV, and 1CP24AV

Information:

HP Tilt Pen Driver

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84007.exe

Information:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84007.cva

Reference

Things that are the Stylus

First, find the computer's Model name:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Next, search the document for a compatible stylus:

Which stylus is compatible?

HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

If there is an HP Active Stylus available for your model, it will be included in the document.

Hints

• Open the document in your browser
  • Click open both (all) categories (business and consumer) to expand the lists
  • Examine the lists to find a match to your computer model
  • Product Name contain an “m”? Consider this to be the same as the model with no “m”.
    • Example: HP Envy x360 15m-bp011dx is the same (and uses the same stylus) as HP Envy x360 15-bp011dx
  • Use CTRL-F to open the webpage search bar – type in the model type of your computer, leaving off the “HP” prefix and stopping just before OR just after the “dash” in the name. “Less is better”.
    • Example: Spectre x360 15-   or   Spectre x360  or  even just Envy x360 (no size designator)
  • If a match is found, examine the results to determine if there is a pen for your model group
    • Example: matches for Spectre x360 15 include model groups: Spectre x360 15-ap0xx, Spectre x360 15-bl0xx

HP Pen Driver for HP Pen models 1MR94AA, Y0C43AV, and 1CP24AV

Information:

HP Tilt Pen Driver

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84007.exe

Information:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84007.cva

NOTES

• The stylus document is updated as new information becomes available
  • Correct stylus not working? Check computer’s Software and Driver Page for a relevant firmware update.
  • If you do not find an active pen listed for your computer, consider the "passive" pen as mentioned in the document.

Link Contributed by HP Expert  erico  -- Video Help – Setting Up Your HP Pen

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.