Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP Pavilion laptop.   It has one HDMI plug.   I also have a USB C Hub Adapter, HOGORE 7-in-1 Travel Type C Hub with 4K USB C to HDMI ("Hogore dongle").     I am attempting to plug in two Samsung monitors so that I may have three screens.    The first one connected to the HP Laptop through the HDMI and it works.    The second, which is connected to the Hogore dongle does not work.   The dongle itself is working as my thumb drive, my headphones and my wireless ear phones all work through there.      When I go to the settings for my monitors, it doesn't even detect the monitor.   Anyone else have this issue and know a work around?   Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had previously provided my sku # and then you asked for my machine # so I provided that as well.   

Here is the sku #: 9RU01UA#ABA. 

The model is HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs3xxx (that is literally what shows as my system model). 

Type:  x-64-based PC

As noted, everything else but the HDMI works.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Jess168 

What is your machine ? Its USB-C may not supports Alt mode. Please use System Information to see what is its SKU, for eample

sku.png

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you.   This is my SKU:

Jess168_0-1656602662931.png

How do I know if it is not compatible?     It's odd since the rest of the items plugged in work... only the HDMI does not.

HP Recommended

@Jess168 

I need to know what is your machine ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi - here is my machine information:

Jess168_0-1656676288588.png

HP Recommended

@Jess168 wrote:

Hi - here is my machine information:

Jess168_0-1656676288588.png

@Jess168 

That does not help. I'm asking for System SKU, not system model. xxx can be from 000aa to 999zz that means thousands of different machines.  For example

HP Pavilion - 15-cs3087tx

Your machine should have SAME ports as the above machine. It ONLY has 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port which does NOT support Alt mode nor Power Delivery. You can NOT use it to

• Charge your machine,
  • Connect to an external monitor with/without hub/dock/adapter

If you wish to connect 2 external monitors (only), you can use

Monitor 1: HDMI direct cable

Monitor 2: Using a Displaylink Certified USB-A to HDMI adapter such as

USB to HDMI Adapter

For more connectivity, please use

True Universal Docking Stations

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I had previously provided my sku # and then you asked for my machine # so I provided that as well.   

The model is HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs3xxx (that is literally what shows as my system model). 

HP Recommended

@Jess168 wrote:

@Jess168 

The System SKU tells you your REAL machine is an HP Pavilion - 15-cs3672cl (15-cs3xxx is a series where xxx can be from 000aa to 999zz). Its parts list

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=9RU01UA

Again, it only has 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port. Now back to my previous reply.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.