Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@IceBreak reset will refresh system files, and resolve the issue, if you've tried setting up Windows 10 was it using the hp recovery manager? If not, it may not resolve the issue: click here for details of obtaining the recovery manager if you don't have one, if that doesn't work: click here for details, use this for performing a re installation of the OS: click here

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you able to go to Intel's website and download the Intel's rapidware Userface and Driver?  This fixed a similar error on my computer after I installed the Windows Update yesterday.  I downloaded the whocrashed app and it gave me the error when I analyzed my information on my intel.  I'm not an employee here, but just trying to help a fellow person, as I know how hard it is to solve these type problems.  I was on the phone with Microsoft for 2 hours and they could not fix it.  I did my own research and fixed it myself.  Not sure how posting links work in here so I won't, but if allowed I can post the link to the software.  I don't use 3rd party sites either.  I only use the manufacturers links.

Anyway, if I'm out of line here, I apologize.. Just wanting to help.  It fixed my issue with no problem at all and I didn't have to change the file from the aStorA.sys driver and rename it to iaStorA_old.sys.  It fixed it all without making any changes.

Again, I hope I'm not out of line and support can either suggest what I went through or they can advice a different route.  Thank you and hope you get it fixed soon.

David

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your reply.

At that moment intel.com shows me that i have all drivers up to date.

Intel® 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 7th/8th Generation...
Latest version: 16.8.2.1002
Installed Version: 16.8.3.1003

Strange thing that this issue (freezing and black screen) happens only when usb wireless dongle are connected to usb. But it is only my opinion.

WhoCrashed not helps me, but maybe i dont look reports probably.
HP Recommended

Okay, sorry that didn't help you.  I have Version: 17.7.0.1006.. so I thought you might be able to try.  Nothing told me I needed to even try the update but I did and it worked.  Again, I hope that you can get this resolved.

David

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I really hesitated and dont know what to do. My Laptop 1 year old, nobody knows what it is. Warranty ends 1 month ago, and i restart it after freezing 1-2 times per day. Scary about HDD and hope it will not burn.

Yesterday i was turn on WhoCrashed me software and PC crashed at 11:20 PM, so what we can see at logs:

crash hp.PNG

HP Recommended

@IceBreak
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community. 

I recommend you perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Firstly, let's perform a Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.

Next: Restore BIOS default settings.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. (If the error message displays proceed to the next step)

Next: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
Please click here to download sp98768.exe, or go to the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Supporting Website.

1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.
  2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  3. Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.
  5. In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive.
  6. Click the Quick Test.
  7. Click Run once. If the computer has more than one hard drive, click Test All Hard Drives. The Quick Test begins.
  8. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.

When a test is complete, the results display on the screen. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but a problem still exists with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run a specific test, select it from the Hard Drive Tests menu.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

First i want to thank you for the time you waste for trying to help me. Sad to say but it will not helps me. Many time i was doing this. I was made all available tests via HP Diagnostic tool from boot menu. No errors at all.

This problem starts when i update some time all drivers from intel.com. Maybe it is problem with bios driver ? rapid driver ? I hope that with driver at all, not with HW. 

Very sad that it is happend to me after 1 year. I was starting from purchase date. But when i go to service they say that could not find the problem. And i receive my expensive laptop with old problem.

Maybe you can advise some more solutions ? What to do if my warranty ends and nobody helps me ?

HP Recommended

Only one thing from your list i dint try. Hard reset. 

I think it is not working on my PC. I shut it down, pres and hold about 15-20 sec., then power on and nothing. No message, no update.

HP Recommended

So. I made today bios factory default. And also checking driver verification from widnows tools. Nothing ctrange. But for today i receive 2 errors.:

First: 

On Fri 1/10/2020 2:05:39 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: netwtw04.sys (0xFFFFF80AFC245A9E)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80AFC245A9E)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netwtw04.sys
product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netwtw04.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: netwtw04.sys Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Fri 1/10/2020 11:44:52 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011020-10296-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C14E0)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFDA8F3CD78028, 0xBA000000, 0x11000402)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Second:

image0.jpeg

HP Recommended

So. After resetting, and putting bios to factory i was starting to get blue screen after every 10 minutes. As we can see, blue screen show to wifi driver. I was restore my pc to morning restore point. Blue screen goes away, but the problem with black screen stays.

The most often time when it happens when my laptop work on battery, then i close the lid and plug to AC.  And i think after closing the lid it becomes dark and dead.

And i want to remember that i turn off any sleep, hybrid or hibernating mode after closing lid. Maybe the problem somewhere here ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.