Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy x360 laptop and am trying to use a ZMUIPNG USB c Hub to connect to my dual monitors.  Unfortunately it is not working.  However after changing the settings, connecting and re-connecting the HDMI connections, usb connection, etc, I am finally able to get it work.

When the laptop is rebooted, or goes to sleep, it stops working again.   

The monitors are detected and I believe the system thinks they are there as they mouse can go off the screen.  However the screen remains blank.

Unfortunately I have spent a few hours reading articles on the net and trying various items.  Side note: I also have an HP Elitebook which came with a docking station.  When I connect everything to that, it works perfect.  So I know it is not monitors, cables, etc.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@IGreenie 

What is your HP Envy x360 ? Is it compatible with your ZMUIPNG USB c Hub ?  Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, the model is HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ed0xxx

The product number is: 8JE91AV.

Does this help?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi all to provide a bit more detail:

My laptop model is HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ed0xxx, running Windows 10.  Recently purhased a few weeks ago.

I am attempting to connect dual monitors to my laptop via a ZMUIPNG USB C Hub via HDMI.  Windows detects the monitors, however does not display.  I believe Windows thinks they are there as it appears the mouse can scroll off the laptop screen to one of the monitors even though it is blank.

If I unplug and plug them back in a few times to the laptop or HUB, they do work.  However when I shut my laptop off or it goes to sleep, I am back at square one.  

For the dual display, I have 1 monitor duplicating the laptop screen and the other extending the display.

Side note, when plugging in the HDMI monitors, it did also override my sound and sent the sound from the speakers to the monitor.  I was able to figure that out and disable the monitor from doing that.

Unfortunately I do see quite a few others having the same problem but no real solutions.

Let me know if this helps.  Thanks.

In your product manual it does seem to say the HP ENVY should work.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi all, any thoughts on how I correct this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.