Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Hp Community,

I had a problem of my hp laptop which occurs few weeks ago and now decided to post here in hp forum because

no solution can be found on the internet. Ive done a lot of search and try but nothing happens.

I experienced that the Synaptics Touchpad doesnt work anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but i doest help. I cant even see  the touchpad  in the listof hardware and devices.  And whenever select the mouse properties it alway pops up the message like this  Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver.

In the control pannel>device manager> and show hidden device under mice and other pointing device, there is a yellow triange on the HP SMBUS TOUCHPAD.

I really need your help hp experts to solve my laptop problem. 

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Pulkit5 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with touchpad.

To resolve this issue, perform the following procedures:

Procedure 1: Confirm the Synaptics driver is 19.5.35.41 (or later).

1. Open Device Manager.

2. Scroll down and expand Mice and other pointing devices > Synaptics Touchpad.

3. Right-click on Synaptics Touchpad and select Properties.

4. Select the Driver tab.

5. Confirm the Synaptics driver is 19.5.35.41 (or later).

Synaptics Touchpad in Device Manager.

Procedure 2: If the driver version is not the latest, go to HP Customer Support - Products.

1. Enter your HP computer product name and model number.

2. Click Find.

3. Select Software and Driver Downloads.

4. Expand Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices.

5. Download and install the latest Synaptics Touchpad driver (a restart may be required).

Procedure 3: Customize touchpad settings:

1. Open the Synaptics TouchPad app once the driver installation is complete.

2. On the Device Settings page, click Settings.

3. Customize your preferred touchpad settings on the Properties for Synaptics Touchpad page.

4. Click OK.

Device Settings.

Properties for Synaptics Touchpad.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.