Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP G60-123CL Notebook PC (but I call it Gene)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Projector showing "no signal" when connected via HDMI

Product: HP G60-123CL Notebook PC

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-Bit)

When connecting the notebook via HDMI cable to Pravette Projector C7 Series the projector shows "no signal". The following things have already been figured out and tested:

When the laptop is connected to the projector the laptop detects it as another display, but the picture doesn't transmit. The laptop shows that the display is extended, I can move items to the “other” screen, but nothing shows up on the projector.

When the laptop is connected to external USB-HDMI dock and the projector is connected with dock HDMI port everything works.

When a different computer is connected to the projector with the same cable it also works

The notebook in question has discrete Nvidia GeForce 8200M G graphics card with Nvidia Optimus technology.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Frenchs_Asylum,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you tried connecting an external monitor or a TV to the HDMI port and checked?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01186408

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you The_Fossette. In answer to your questions:

When was the last time the computer was working fine? As of right now the computer is and has always been working fine (this is not the problem)

Have you tried connecting an external monitor or a TV to the HDMI port and checked? Yes, I get the same results, the TV/monitor get no signal, but the laptop shows that the display is extended, I can move items to the “other” screen, but nothing shows up.

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer? No

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting? Yes:

Updating the video drivers

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers

Reinstalling the HDMI port

Checking the connections on the TV (works with my computers)

Checking the connections on the projector (works with other computers}

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps. https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01186408 I did that already too.

HP Recommended

@Frenchs_Asylum,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you contact HP phone support to further diagnose the issue as it looks like a hardware malfunction.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you again, The_Fossette, 

But your link leads to an error page:

HP Help.png

For the past few days this is the only "help" your Support Site has been able to offer me...

Any other suggestions?

Anybody?

HP Recommended

After a lot of research elsewhere,  downloading new drivers, and even installing another harddrive I have found an answer, but not a solution.

It is, as I feared, a bad HDMI port. 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@Frenchs_Asylum,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Please let me your region (Location) in a private message and I will send you the phone number for tech support.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.