Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP - 15s-fq2041TU 15" NOTEBOOK Product Number 2S3A2PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi just purchased latest HP Laptop which is running Windows 10, the latest updates installed.

I have 4 HP laptops and this is the only one of them having this problem with, by the way they are all running windows 10.

No matter what I try the system always Sleeps at the 'Turn off the display' setting, this is true for Battery or Plugged In.

eg. Plugged In - 'Turn off the display' - 15 minutes, 'Put the computer to sleep' - Never. The screen turns off in 15 minutes ok but it also goes into sleep mode at the same time thus requiring re-entering of PIN - this is true no matter what the Sleep setting is.

I tried using the default 'Balanced' power plan, restored it to default setting (just to make sure) and saved it.

Then I changed the 'On Battery' setting for 'Turn off the display' to Never and the setting for 'Put the computer to sleep' to 4 minutes, I then disconnected the power and the system didn't go to Sleep at all and the screen stayed on as requested.

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am answering my own question.

It seems no one can fix this so I suggest that:

1. Set Screen Saver on, to 'Mystify' for example, and set it for the time that you would normally like to 'Turn off display'.

2. In Power Settings use the 'Turn off the display' time to 'Never' or for whatever time you would normally like the computer to Sleep.

Technically the display never really turns off but I can't get any satisfaction anywhere else which is a joke and I simply can't waste any more time on this.

Wake Up Microsoft!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I am answering my own question.

It seems no one can fix this so I suggest that:

1. Set Screen Saver on, to 'Mystify' for example, and set it for the time that you would normally like to 'Turn off display'.

2. In Power Settings use the 'Turn off the display' time to 'Never' or for whatever time you would normally like the computer to Sleep.

Technically the display never really turns off but I can't get any satisfaction anywhere else which is a joke and I simply can't waste any more time on this.

Wake Up Microsoft!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.