Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The wireless display is disconnected and can not connect it or open most apps.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SKBH 

Don't know what you mean by wireless display.  Is this one of the convertibles that has a removable screen that can be used separately?

If you want support, you have to provide us the specific model number of the laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The computer is Envy x360.  Model number 15m-dr0012dx.  I wanted to pair it with my television using Bluetooth. After pairing there was a message at the top of the screen that the wireless display was disconnected, and another icon that said "connect to wireless screen", but it did not respond to clicking it.   I could not open any app including Microsoft Edge.  I was able to turn the computer off, and when I turned it back on the wireless display was ok and am able to open the apps.  Any suggestion how to pair the computer to the wireless smart tv?

HP Recommended

@SKBH 

Sorry no -- I have my laptop connected using an HDMI cable as WiFi bandwidth is too low for streaming which results in a lot of buffering and dropouts.

You would need to check with the TV vendor to see what they suggest -- they might have a setting you can change in their options that would address this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.