09-14-2017 03:18 PM
My HP Envy x360 PC fell off my bed and broke the screen.
My father bought the exact replacement screen, making sure it was touch enabled and exactly the same as the original, and replaced it. Everything works fine...
Except my touch screen doesn't work. At all.
Everything is connected properly and there is no apparent reason my touch screen shouldn't work. We've tried everything on the trouble shooting list online and on the computer itself, as well as recalibrating the screen, updating, and checking the touch settings.
There's no feedback of any kind. The touch screen just plain does not work.
Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to fix this, because I am NOT happy. It's the exact part, installed correctly, and doesn't work.
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP
09-15-2017 03:37 PM
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!
I understand you are having issues with the touch screen not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Could you provide me with the exact model of the notebook? Please use this link to find this information: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
Have you checked If the touch works in the Bios?
Have you run the test from F2?
We first need to isolate the issue to being software or hardware related. Once that is established and if it turns out to be a software issue, then we could figure out a way to correct the situation. Please perform these steps first:
- Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
- Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
- Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
- The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
- Please run the diagnostics under component tests for the touchscreen and check if the diagnostics pass or fail. Please make a note of it. It is recommended to run all component tests.
Once it is established that it is not a hardware issue,
- Please update the bios of the computer from this link http://hp.com/drivers Select the country and language. Enter the product# and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You could also visit this link for further troubleshooting: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 😎
Hope this helps! Please let me know how this goes.I genuinely hope this feature is restored and the computer works great without hassles.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts by giving me a Kudos. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.
Take care now and do have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee