Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 17-g150cy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion Notebook 17g-150cy purchased at Walmart in 2016 and currently using my TV as a monitor thru the HDMI connection.

The glass and 17.3-inch diagonal HD+(33) WLED-backlit touchscreen display (1600 x 900)

is damaged and non-operational. My cobalt blue casing is intact with no cracks or scratches.

I wish to repair the device and I am unable to locate the maintenance and service manual for my specific model number.

I was only able to locate the maintenance and service guide for the HP Pavilion Notebook 17 Models 17-g000 – 17-g099 AMD models.

• Is there a maintenance and service guide available specifically for my notebook?
  • Can I use the above maintenance guide for parts?

I reviewed the maintenance and service guide for the HP Pavilion Notebook 17 Models 17-g000 – 17-g099 AMD models (pages 62-68) and wanted to know........

• How I determine which screen (part numbers) to research and purchase, HD or FHD?

• Can the display and casing be purchased as one (1) piece?

I appreciate your assistance in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt response, I'll review the information you provided

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Looks like 000 to 099 and 100 to 199 laptops share same manuals. There are 3 of them on the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-17-g100-notebook-pc-series/8499304/manuals

Using Partsufer, part number for its screen: 809300-001 which is  LCD PANEL 17.3 AG HD+ TS (HD+ is 1600 x 900).

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

For the last question: no, you have to buy seperate parts. Please use the above link to find right parts for your machine (just enter  N9E32UA in Search field then click Search) .

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt response, I'll review the information you provided

HP Recommended

Provost,

I have a 17-g150cy as well.  Broken screen.  I noticed the touchscreen(digitizer) and LED are one unit.  Can I substitute the  809300-001 part with p/n 8093001-001?   HD for FHD?   Will the computer support the upgrade and increased pixel resolution?

Dirk Houser

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.