Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I've just replaced the digitizer (touch screen) assembly on a HP Pavilion x360 11-k009tu Windows 10 laptop.

All ok except the x-axis is reversed i.e. mirrored around the vertical axis, so if you touch on the left it responds on the right and vice-versa.

I've tried many suggested solutions, none of the following have helped:
> Re-calibrating the touch screen
> Reverting to a system restore point prior to the digitizer replacement
> De-installing & re-installing the touch screen device in Device Manager
> De-installing & re-installing the touch screen drivers
> Installing the latest touch screen drivers from HP support site
> etc etc etc

I did come across a reference somewhere re editing the touch screen calibration data (in registry or calibration file) and reversing the x-values but have since been unable to find that reference again.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rtsys

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you've replaced the touch screen (digitizer) and now the response is mirrored,

I took some time off and did some research about your concern

To let you know, HP doesn't recommend replacing such sensitive parts on your own,

If you wish to troubleshoot touchscreen issues: Click here for HP Solutions.

However, if the issue persists, I would suggest you contact HP for a hardware service.

(The repair would be free of charge if your computer is covered by the HP warranty).

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.