Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@RWM_Ryan

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
Have you tried disabling the autorotation from Action Center?

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes. That was the first place I noticed it was greyed out and an inactive link...so,no then went to settings (since the action centre is simply a shortcut/reflection of the actually settings) and discovered that it was, indeed, greyed out an unable to be switched.

Again... As I said initially, I believe this is an issue with a recent BIOS update.

HP Recommended

@RWM_Ryan

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So....the rotation lock, all of a sudden yesterday late afternoon, was no longer greyed out and functions normally. No idea why. It just started working on its own.

HP Recommended

@RWM_Ryan

I am glad to know that issue got fixed, 

Just to make sure, I can keep this case open for a day and check with you after 48 hours. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's back today.

There's an obvious issue here.

I'm also having an issue with the Realtek wi-fi adapter. More often than not it doesn't wake up after the computer goes to sleep. Usually have to reboot.

Maybe you could put me in touch with someone that can actually diagnose this issue, rather than running through a checklist?

HP Recommended

It looks that we have the same problems. The grey-out problem got solved out by itself.

But like you, I also have the wifi problem. Sometimes after sleep, it is not working. I have to reset it. 

HP Team, I also need support on this issue. 

HP Recommended

It appears to stem from a recent update, but they don't seem to want to admit that....not yet anyway. Apparently we need to go through all the steps on the support checklist, before we get to the obvious part. It's likely the recent BIOS update, as a reset would simply install the latest BIOS update....and the problem still exists after a reset.

I'm quite unhappy that I had to waste time on a reset of my computer, that solved nothing. If this isn't solved by the end of this week, I'll likely be returning the computer to the retailer.  A hybrid computer that can't rotate its screen is rather useless.

HP Recommended

@RWM_Ryan

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.