Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-aw0011ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I'm choosing external display(s) to purchase to use with my notebook Spectre x360 13-aw0011ur.

The options are - Viewsonic VP 2768-4K or LG 27UL850.

The questions are:

1. Is it possible to run one of these displays at 4K resolution with my notebook (do I need hub or just a Thunderbolt to DP cable)?

2. Is it possible to run dual external displays conf both at 4K (+built in one) and what I need for that (Thunderbolt hub?)

Thanks,

Denis

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Den72 

A1. Juts Plug-n-Pray.

A2. Please read the following options

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Page #5 gives you some information for your plan

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for info!

They do not claim any Spectre compatibility on the last pages of the document. Is it something I should care about in this case?

I understand that USB-C Dock G5 should be enough for my target setup, right?

The only question left is would my laptop video adapter handle two 4K external displays or not? Just can't find any info on that matter in HP specs for this model.

"Assumes the host supports up to 3 simultaneous displays with no resolution limitations. Some lower power processors may have a resolution limitation"

Thanks,

Denis

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.