Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre 360x & HP G5 Hub
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After doing some research, I found that my notebook, along with the G5 hub supports using up to 3 external monitors.  I recently received them and was able to get the 3 monitors working after going into the Intel Graphics Settings and disabling the native display and turning all 3 monitors to a 1920x1080 resolution.

However, after I was able to get all 3 monitors to work, 2 of the 3 monitors display turned very grainy and began to "flicker".  I did some research and the most common solution was to update you graphics drivers.  I looked into that further and found that my current drivers from 2018 are the most up to date, and that I was not supposed to install the newer ones from Intel due to customizations made to the drivers by HP.

I then tried playing with other setting including refresh rates for all the monitors, and resolutions for all of the monitors.  Nothing I was able to do helped, and in fact many things made it even worse.  Change some of the refresh rates had very negative unanticipated effects including changing the Aspect Ratio and Resolution of the monitor to some very weird and wacky settings.

I would greatly appreciate any help in getting the monitors to display clear "unflickering" picture, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

When removing and replugging in the devices it is always the same 2 which "flicker" and are grainy.  Whenever any of the displays is removed (and the machine is running 2 monitor and it's own native display) all 3 displays are clear and flicker free.

HP Recommended

Hi@Trimack, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

1. Update the HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
  1. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers 
  1. Windows Update.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hello Praveenbv,

Thanks for the thoughts.  I completed all of those steps and the problem persists as originally described. 

Any additional help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Trimack

The docking station referred is a commercial model & the unit is a consumer segment. The said combination is not tested by HP. So, the functionality is not guaranteed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.