Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Initially, I thought the noise disappears with the AC Adapter, but now I realized that the noise is still there with the adapter. 

Yes, I did the BIOS update. 

HP Recommended

@Jeff_W1

Good to know that the battery passed the test. And you observed that the screen noise appears even with the ac adapter connected.

You also have an option to run an ac adapter test. Please try that. In the mean time I will initiate a further investigation into this and get back to you.  I appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

I'm following the thread too as I am still having this problem.  Quite disappointed as I spend over $2000 on my machine (16 gig RAM and 512g) to have an annoying noise while I'm working.  I can only use on 100% brightness which isnt why I bought a machine that was supposed to reduce eye strain.  I've got 7 days left before my 14 day return policy runs out.  Hope we can find a solution before then.

Maureen

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi

Yes I have done all the above suggestions and still no change.  Mine does it when on battery and when plugged into power.

HP Recommended

@Cadev

Thanks for posting on the HP Support Forums and thanks for trying the steps.

I would recommend you to reach out to the HP phone support team to explore the hardware options for your laptop. 

Please feel free to keep me posted for any questions. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Same here (HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl075nr). Occurs on battery power when the screen is less than 100% bright. Plugging in AC power or setting 100% screen brightness makes it go away.

Here's someone's posting of the sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIrkcDZn1G8

There is no expectation that HP "tech support" here or on the phone would be helpful as they're likely low-level, low-paid call-center script-readers typing from a general flow-chart (e.g., "Is your computer on?"). They are likely a first-line of "defense" from you irritating customers, and only serve to irritate you by asking you to waste your time running around in meaningless circles.

The problem is likely a badly designed circuit and/or a cheap capacitor (likely substituted by Chinese factory to shave 2-cents of the BOM). It's likely that HP does not have anyone assigned to figuring it out and/or would not spend the time fixing it anyway since they're on to working on the next models. So it's unlikely that a warranty return would fix the problem--it's a problem of the design, and that design has already been retired.

I'm glad I purchased this on my new Costco card that contains a 2-year full-coverage warranty over such items. I guess I'll try the Lenovo Yogas.

HP Recommended

Just an update: I sent it back to HP and it came back a little better, but the sound was still there -- not worth me sending it back again though.

Someone contacted me via youtube and said he thought it was the battery of all things, and that putting pressure on the battery (packing some filler tape or someting on the battery near where the sound comes from) greatly improves it. My sound was coming from the lower left of the keyboard area (near windows key) and if I sqeezed the case near there, it seemed to greatly reduce the sound. Next time I open the case, I'll try to pack some tape in there to see if it's a good work-around.

HP Recommended

Hi. Have you found any solutions ? My problem is same !

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.