Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-daxxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my HP Laptop 15-daxxx.

The screen keeps on changing colors to dark, light, and back to normal.

If anyone knows how to help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SS12341, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As I understand there's an issue with the screen colors,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you been able to adjust the color or have a color of your preference before?

Did you check if the issue persists on an alternate/external monitor?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If you haven't, please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

to check if you can adjust the color on the monitor and let me know if that makes a difference if the monitor works fine according to your preference or you don't have an alternate monitor to check:

• Re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 
  • Update the BIOS 
  • update windows
  • download Nvidia Geforce  from website 

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

Open the display adapter properties or advanced display settings to view the modes, set the refresh rate, or manage the color and other advanced settings.

1. To open the advanced display settings or display adapter properties, select your operating system:

• Windows 10: Search for and open Change display settings. You can also right-click the desktop and open Display settings. Scroll down to Related settings, then click Display adapter properties.

Figure : Opening the Display adapter properties

Opening the Display adapter properties
    • In Windows 7: Search for and open Adjust screen resolution, then click Advanced settings.

Figure : Opening the Advanced display settings

Advanced display settings

2. Click a tab to adjust the corresponding settings.

NOTE:

Your computer might have more tabs than those listed here. Many video card manufacturers provide settings designed for their video hardware. These extra settings vary by the type of video hardware used and are not discussed here.

Color Management: The Color Management tab provides settings to change the color output to the monitor. Typically, you would not use Color Management unless a special situation called for it, such as matching the colors on the monitor to the colors on a printer. Adjusting this setting changes the color output for everything displayed in Windows and should be done only if needed.

Click OK to save your changes and close the window.             

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SS12341, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As I understand there's an issue with the screen colors,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you been able to adjust the color or have a color of your preference before?

Did you check if the issue persists on an alternate/external monitor?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If you haven't, please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

to check if you can adjust the color on the monitor and let me know if that makes a difference if the monitor works fine according to your preference or you don't have an alternate monitor to check:

• Re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 
  • Update the BIOS 
  • update windows
  • download Nvidia Geforce  from website 

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

Open the display adapter properties or advanced display settings to view the modes, set the refresh rate, or manage the color and other advanced settings.

1. To open the advanced display settings or display adapter properties, select your operating system:

• Windows 10: Search for and open Change display settings. You can also right-click the desktop and open Display settings. Scroll down to Related settings, then click Display adapter properties.

Figure : Opening the Display adapter properties

Opening the Display adapter properties
    • In Windows 7: Search for and open Adjust screen resolution, then click Advanced settings.

Figure : Opening the Advanced display settings

Advanced display settings

2. Click a tab to adjust the corresponding settings.

NOTE:

Your computer might have more tabs than those listed here. Many video card manufacturers provide settings designed for their video hardware. These extra settings vary by the type of video hardware used and are not discussed here.

Color Management: The Color Management tab provides settings to change the color output to the monitor. Typically, you would not use Color Management unless a special situation called for it, such as matching the colors on the monitor to the colors on a printer. Adjusting this setting changes the color output for everything displayed in Windows and should be done only if needed.

Click OK to save your changes and close the window.             

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.