Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am sorry you are having problems.

I do not have a resolution to offer; my area of expertise lies elsewhere.

Commentary

This is a Community forum and not a direct conduit to HP Technical Services -- the HP personnel that respond to the forum are doing so on their own time and as individuals. 

Our other Experts do not work for HP; as such, and while we do have a great deal of expertise between us on a variety of subjects, we do not have all the answers nor do we have access to internal HP databases, documents, or information that might be helpful to resolve some issues.

This thread is not a "case"; it is a closed discussion thread that was marked resolved.  Closed threads typically do not get an eyes-on response from the community.

You may receive a response from one of our Experts if you create a new Post of your very own.

Because you have not found a resolution, I do suggest that you contact HP and tell HP about the problem.  At least if you contact HP, you will have notified them that the unit has an issue.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts - USA / Canada

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English Speaking Countries

Including UK and Europe

ePrint, Instant Ink, and Print Apps (formally Printables)

In USA or Canada, call Cloud Services: 1-855-785-2777

HP Cloud Services and HP Tech Support

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

*sigh* I really don't want to call HP. Tech support over the phone is always an Indian guy with bad english asking me to reinstall my drivers and reboot. 

I really wish I didn't buy HP. If anyone else on the net is looking about buying a Skylake Spectre x360 (hello Google search!). Please don't.  more info here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Spectre-x360-Poor-battery-life-Skylake-version/m-p/53...  

HP Recommended

Hi, this related to a bug with the new Intel HD graphics drivers for the new Skylake processors and Hyper-V.

I hope Microsoft will releases a proper fix soon.  Because all the new laptop with Skylake precessors will have this issue. 

The new Surface Pro 4, Surface Book and all the other....

http://www.windowscentral.com/screen-flicker-surface-book-hyper-v

HP Recommended
Thanks but not sure why I would have Hyper-V enabled...
HP Recommended

Thanks, that's my problem too.  I just upgraded to Windows Pro on my HP Spectre x360 and then installed Hyper-V.  Immediately after that my screen started flickering.  Disabling Hyper-V fixed that issue.  Did you ever hear if MS came out with a fix?  I don't see any new updates as of today (12/10/15) from Windows Update.

HP Recommended

Exact same issue. Very frustrating as it blacks out the screen, stops the music you're playing through the speaker, everything. And it comes back in about 2 seconds.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.