Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15" (1EL88UA#ABL)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all!

I am very disappointed in a very expensive 1-year-old purchase I made - wondering if there is something that I can do to fix this (although, I'm thinking there won't be)...

I have a top-of-the-line Spectre x360 convertible 15" (SKU 1EL88UA#ABL) that I bought last October (2017)...it's an i7-7500 w/ 16GB RAM and a discreet NVidia 940MX graphics card - I spent the extra bucks on this device so I had the pen and graphics/ processing power for PhotoShop and Illustrator work...not to mention I did kind of fall in love with the colouring of the device as it stands out from other laptops out there.

My issue now is this godawful "ghosting" that is happening with any windows I have on the go...hopefully the picture I snapped below shows what I'm talking about...is this the screen that is shot? Am I going to be on the hook for a full screen replacement now even though it's *JUST* barely out of warranty (HP Support Assistant says 2018-10-26 warranty end date - that's TODAY)?

Spectre Screen.JPG

I'm hoping that someone can think of something I can try before contacting HP support...

Thanks!

Kev

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@KevvyR

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting display issues on your notebook.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks! I will watch for the message 🙂

HP Recommended

you get this resolved?

HP Recommended

Yes actually - sent in under warranty and ended up getting replaced with a new unit...was quite impressed with HP's response on this so KUDOS to the HP support team!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply. But that really is not a good solution. I have already got a machine replaced because keyboard didnt work. Then I had to return it because speakers didnt work. Now this cr**py screen issue. Even if they replace the unit who would spend time installing all the softwares on them.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I am having the exact same issue with my HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx...

Product Number: 2FW62AV

Serial Number: 5CD8365H6D

Still under warranty... (3 months remaining)

The issue has quite abruptly become worse, with NO change in my usage/the environment of the laptop!

Thanks in advance,

Dirk Kristen
South Africa
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.