cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Smithboy81
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Screen issues

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-1230us Entertainment Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screen busted been using HDMI to tv tried doin a fresh install of 10 due to lagging bought a VGA cable to HDMI due to HDMI not working all of sudden niether the VGA to HDMI cable can it be logged into over the air for some help getting it back online already have my backup and win 10 on usb drive ready to go just can't see anything to do anything.           Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,539 29,469 1,413 1,481
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Smithboy81

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

• Does your laptop display work as standalone? 

If you have already performed the steps from the document HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01997899, No Power or no Boot and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure. Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Smithboy81

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

• Does your laptop display work as standalone? 

If you have already performed the steps from the document HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01997899, No Power or no Boot and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure. Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Smithboy81
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any way to remotely reinstall windows 10 or get it to boot back up was in process of fresh install and it changed my screen settings I had because of a broken screen on laptop was using external and now I can't get into bios or recovery to see anything 

Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Smithboy81

Thank you for posting back. 

The last thing I can suggest try and restore the OS back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue. The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation