Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have had this laptop for around 6 months. The problem started when i first got it and another problem that was with it was to do with my speaker which I had to follow instructions on how to fix. It was something along the lines that my speaker sounded deafened and when plugging in head phones no sound would be produced. Not sure if these are linked but thought i would say it anyway. So basically my laptop screen keeps turning on and off. Sometimes it flashes and then sometimes the screen will turn off longingly and the only way i can find to fix it, is to turn the whole system off. Another thing the laptop is still on, I can still hear the battery running and the on button light is still on, it's just the screen. It also seems to occur more frequently when my phone is near my laptop?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Scarlett6463

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavillion series laptop. I read that the display goes on and off. Sometimes the only way to get the display to work is by restarting the laptop. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Are you still facing and issue with the speakers or is it fixed?
  • Does the laptop overheat?
  • If you leave the laptop on and do not use it, then does the display go on and off?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then restart the laptop and repeatedly hit the f10 key during startup to enter the BIOS of the laptop. Please observe the display is BIOS. If the issue persists in BIOS then it indicates towards a hardware issue. 

I hope this information helps. Let me know what happens. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I'm been having a similar problem in my Pavilion dv3-4305se, though the problem several times embarked after I ran one of my C# Visual Studio 2015 codes for a few hours (not in other C# programs, though).

My C# program was constatnly collecting information through API from an academic website (due to my research), but each time after 2 hours my display started to look unstable: going on on one mouse move and off on the other, clicks had the same effecs. And when the programme finished hopefully it recovered to stable mode, without requiring restart.

I wonder whether my laptop graphic cards is having problem for example due to electricity shortage. 

the properties are:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz, 2667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series

What can I do about it?

Thanks for you information in this post, btw.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.