Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14 dq0011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Guys, please help me, I have a HP notebook (i3-8145, 8gb of ram)

So, the problem is that 4gb of my ram are "stuck" with the video card shared memory.

I told the HP help center, but i didnt get the answer that i was looking for. 

Here is the hole discussion (in portuguese): https://h30487.www3.hp.com/t5/Hardware-para-notebooks/Mem%C3%B3ria-compartilhada-da-placa-de-v%C3%AD...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PedroCM

Thank you for posting back. 

By just following the link you will be able to reach our remote support team. Once you reach the team, they will take control over your computer and check the details regarding shared video memory. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@PedroCM

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the exact issue with ram? The link you have shared has been deleted.
  •  Are you using original ram which came with computer?
  • Are you getting any error message or card?
  • Did you run test on memory? 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, thank you for helping me.

• I bought this computer in the beggining of this year, the configuration was almost the same, but with 4gb of ram. I upgraded it by adding more 4gb (in the exact Mhz velocity) from Kingston. I realized that when I was playing some games or using the laptop, some aplications would start crashing or dropping fps in some games.
  • Yes I'm still using the 4gb that came form factory, I'm just added more 4gb from Kingston.
  • I'm have not get any type of error, but I can see on the task manager the use of memory and 4gb are just hagging there with the shared memory of my gpu (UHD 620)
  • Yes, I used the AIDA64 for memory test and everything is working correctly. 

The point is that they (Hp here in Brazil) told me that this memory controls and delivery itself for when you are using the computer for games or some type of heavy work like idk photoshop. But I went and added almost every program from task manager memory bar and my limit is 4gb of ram.

The only solution that I have found is by changing the size of the shared memory in the BIOS, but that is almost impossible, once that, the HP bios does not allow  any futher changes like that. 

HP Recommended

@PedroCM

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice, but I tried that when the HP team in Brazil was trying to help me, I did the fresh start, I kept my personal data and instaled Windows again. As soon as the pc booted up i went to the task manager and the memory was the same, 4gb for the shared memory and 4gb for RAM. 

Task Manager.png

HP Recommended

@PedroCM

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, thank you very much. How do I do it? I just use the remote assistence in Windows? You will contact they or by acessing the link I can do the same? Because I never did this before, so I don't know how to do it, but again thank you. 

HP Recommended

@PedroCM

By just following the link you will be able to reach our remote support team. Once you reach the team, they will take control over your computer and check the details regarding shared video memory. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions on the site and put my SN number, the product name, and the product ID, but it said that I don't have the HP support anymore, must be the fact that my warranty expired. Thank you guys for trying to help me.

HP Recommended

This is the page in brazilian portuguese:

Brasil.png

By changing the location I was capable of finding more results, but nothing related to a Hp professional, that could help me.

EUA.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.