Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-ea0000 (1Q879AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently updated my win11 on my Laptop to 23H2. Since then, when exiting the sleep mode (eg. after closing and reopening the lid), the laptop screen won't awake. External monitors however still seem to work just fine. After rebooting the laptop the screen works again. Hibernate mode works just fine.

Windows:

• Edition: Windows 11 Home

• Version: 23H2

• OS BuildNumber: 22631.3527

Laptop:

• Systemmodell: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx

• Systemtype: x64-basierter PC

• Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz, 2803 MHz, 4 cores, 8 logical processors

• BIOS-Version/-Date: AMI F.33, 03.04.2024

Noteable Apps:

• powertoys with always awake

What i tried:

• Turning off powertoys always awake

• Turning the pc on and off again 🙂

• Changing close lid and power button option to hibernate -> worked, but I very much like the fact that I can quickly continue where I left my work

• Pressing the power button instead of closing the lid to check if its a hardware issue -> same result (had sleep mode for both selected)

• Updating the BIOS from AMI F.32 to AMI F.33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fixed it by updating to the most recent Intel XE driver, following this post. It is worth to mention that this seems to be a common problem with the driver that HP provides. I checked several times via the "HP support assistant" if i have any obsolete drivers. The program showed me neither this graphics driver update, nor the wifi, bluetooth and bios updates, which I now downloaded from Intels page. I can absolutely not recommend trusting this program...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Fixed it by updating to the most recent Intel XE driver, following this post. It is worth to mention that this seems to be a common problem with the driver that HP provides. I checked several times via the "HP support assistant" if i have any obsolete drivers. The program showed me neither this graphics driver update, nor the wifi, bluetooth and bios updates, which I now downloaded from Intels page. I can absolutely not recommend trusting this program...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.