Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PC 14-ec1000 (4V212AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I've recently bought a new laptop, HP Pavilion 14 1019AU, and some applications, mainly installation wizards or setups look really blurry. I've attached a pic of what it looks like.

The issue is only faced while using 125% or 150%(recommended by os) display scaling on 1080p resolution. And everything looks smooth if I bring it down to 100%, but it's very inconvenient to use it that way.

Another fix I found was changing the high dpi settings, under compatibility mode, inside the properties of the said application, but that only fixes the issue for the application itself and not the others.

The same issue can be seen on many different installation wizards. (PS: And I am talking about the text, not the left banner)

Look at the text inside the setup (not the left banner))Look at the text inside the setup (not the left banner))

Notice the difference between the text in the title and the content in the second screenshot.

On both windowsOn both windows

So is there any fix for this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Parthjain_18 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Not really a "fix" -- In my opinion, part of this is the price of having chosen a very high resolution screen.

My most recent system does include the fancy screen option -- super high resolution tempted me and over came my common sense.

Nice feature and yes, when set to "Recommended", most everything on the 17 inch screen shrinks down to minuscule size.

Wry smile here to denote feeling satisfied and silly at the same time.  😏

My suggestion:

Live with it.

OR

Change the Display Resolution to something that allows you to view the apps and software at a reasonable size.

Example - Windows 11 - Settings > System > Display > Display Resolution

DragonFur_0-1678719530363.png

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Sigh, such a waste, thanks for your reply.

And is this the problem with all other devices as well, or just specific to me? Because I didn't see a lot of mention of the same problem on the internet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.