Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 W028tu (late 2016 kabylake)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop is HP spectre x360 w000tu. yes it has thunderbolt3 port.

I at first tried usb c to HDMI(definietly ver.2.0, both gender and calbe are 4k 60Hz compatible) gender to display 4K on my 4K MONITOR which only has HDMI port and is actually TV

BUT IT ONLY DISPLAYED 1920x1080 60Hz....

Then I found this on the w000tu Maintenance Manual

USB Type-C port — (2) USB 3.1 Gen 2 with Thunderbolt™ Gen 3 technology
All ports support data transfer, power delivery, and HDMI 2.0 out up to 1920×1200 at 60 Hz

And This

USB Type-C ports — (2) USB 3.1 Gen 2 with Thunderbolt™ Gen 3 technology
All ports support data transfer, power delivery, and DisplayPort 1.2 out up to 3840 × 2160 at 60 Hz

So I tried

USB C TO DP gender + DP TO HDMI conversion cable  connection to my 4K monitor (All are 4k-compatible components and each are vaild according to reviews)

Eventually THE MONITOR SAYS 'NO SIGNAL', 

So my question is

--------------------------------------

1. How can I connect my Spectre X360 w028tu to 4K monitor in 4K resolution.

1.1 Did anyone succeed to connect 4K monitor to Spectre X360

2. Please Help me... 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this link  https://gtrusted.com/unable-to-get-dual-4k-displayport-displays-from-both-hp-spectre-x360-2017-and-h... . it might help you

Thanks & Regards

Note: Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.Smiley Happy

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thanks but I'm not looking for DUAL 4k

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.