Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-06-2018 07:16 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-07-2018 02:17 PM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂
As I understand, the keyboard does not work,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
When was the last time it worked fine?
Were there any hardware/software changes?
Have you performed a keyboard hardware test?
Have you tried using an external keyboard? If yes, does it work?
How did you perform recovery?
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
Run keyboard test:
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until you see HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.
- From the UEFI main menu, click Component Tests, then click Keyboard test.
- Click Run once. The Keyboard Test time is 3 minutes.
Also, Disable Sticky / Filter Keys:
- Open Control Panel and change the view to Large icons, and then click Ease of Access Center.
- Scroll down to the Explore all settings section, then click Make the keyboard easier to use.
- In the window that shows up, uncheck the boxes for “Turn on Sticky Keys” and “Turn on Filter Keys” to turn off the Sticky / Filter Keys features.
Let me know how this goes,
Keep me posted!
08-18-2018 09:20 AM
I found a solution elsewhere, using the last post on this thread
'Go into Device Manager>System Storage and disable Intel Integrated Sensor Solution it should fix the issue after a restart'.
I hope that this helps the next person with the same problem.
08-18-2018 09:28 AM
Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.
You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉
Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂