Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! 

I own an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx and have been normally connecting (and charging) my laptop through USB-C with a Lenovo ThinkVision T24i-10 monitor for the past month.  A few days ago I disconnected the laptop from the display for a couple of hours and when I tried connecting again I got a "Display connection might be limited" message and the screen has stopped connecting. 

I tried both USB-C ports of the laptop, as well as another USB-C cable and a different monitor, so it seems to be something wrong with the laptop. 

When I connect the monitor now it shows up on Device Manager as a "Billboard Device" with the following details:

General: 

• Device type: Universal Serial Bus devices
  • Manufacturer: WinUsb Device

Driver:

• Driver Provider: Microsoft
  • Driver Date: 6/21/2006
  • Driver Version: 10.0.18362.1
  • Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

I believe that something is wrong with the USB-C drivers, but I have made all available Windows Updates, HP Assistant updates and have tried updating the device's driver through Device Manager with no luck.

Any help would be more than valuable! 

Spyros

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Spyrosl,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Spyrosl,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand you are getting any display on the external monitor connected to the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you using any converter or adapter to connect the monitor?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply! 

I am not using any converter or adaptor, just a USB-C to USB-C cable. 

I've been trying to update the drivers through the link you indicated, but after the website detects my device and moves on to the Download step it gets stuck. It has been trying to load the drivers for more than an hour. I have tried this on Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Opera, allowing all content. 

Any suggestions?

Cheers, 

Spyros

HP Recommended

@Spyrosl,

Help me with the product number for your computer and I will share the direct link to download the drivers.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Surprisingly, after exactly a week of not working the monitor just started connecting again!

Only thing I updated was some Intel drivers for Wifi and Bluetooth, not sure if that was the problem.

Having the drivers update link would be valuable however just in case something else arises. My product number is: 4XJ22EA#ABU

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Spyrosl,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.