Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15ch-005na
Other

For a while I had started to notice when I had something that had a lot of white on my laptop's screen (such as a website) the darker elements near the top (ie the browser's controls) would have a weird whiteness / washed out look to them. This was more pronounced at higher brightnesses.

More recently the screen starts to flicker so badly that it is unusable. This happens not only in the OS but in the BIOS as well.

Both issues seem to happen the longer the device has been on. Has anyone else had similar issues and found a solution or is this a known problem with this model?

This is especially bad for me as I am a computer science student and this is my only computer while away at uni so I need it to work!!

IMG_20211001_000440.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the image good if your attach to an external monitor/TV

It looks like a display panel problem which will need to be replaced.

Let us know,

David

HP Recommended

May it can be a diaplaying cable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.