Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Chromebook x360 14
Chrome OS

I just ordered this machine and want to use a stylus with it for taking meeting notes and marking up PDFs.  Since the machine was just released today, there isn't much info available.  What would be a great stylus to use?  I did see the HP styluses but they have poor reviews and I saw a few posts that HP tech support didn't seem to be very knowledgeable on this topic either so that is my reason for posting here.  I hope this is the proper forum.  Thanks for any guidance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JonEBGud

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

I'm afraid that's right, there are no active stylus compatible with the device,

However, you can use any and all passive stylus with the Chromebook without any issues whatsoever.

If you have any other concerns or queries, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

@JonEBGud

Welcome to our humble abode, the family and tech-friendly house of HP Forums!

I'll be your host for the day, they call me the Riddle_Decipher and so can you.

Did your device come with a stylus?

If not, here's what you need to know & do:

Non-HP branded pens and styluses can be classified as either an active stylus or passive stylus:

• An active stylus (also known as a digital stylus) uses a digitizer built into the screen to allow communication between the touch screen and the pen. An active stylus might support many or all of the functions supported by a mouse, such as right-click, hover, and more. Many active stylus models can block stray marks from your hand resting on the screen or the sweep of your palm while writing so that the screen only registers marks made by the pen.

Non-HP branded active styluses are not supported on HP computers and might not be compatible.

• passive stylus (also known as a capacitive stylus) functions the same as your finger on the screen. Passive styluses do not require batteries, and they work on any touchscreen device.

While the non-HP branded passive stylus is not supported by HP, most will work with HP touchscreen computers and tablets.

For further help, see Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK:
CLICK HERE & SCROLL DOWN TO CONSUMER COMPUTERS COMPATIBLE WITH HP PENS AND STYLUSES

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher, thank you for your response.  Based on it and the 2 links you included, it appears the Chromebook x360 14 does not support an active stylus.  😞  If that is not correct, please let me know.  Meanwhile, I will try a passive stylus.

HP Recommended

@JonEBGud

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

I'm afraid that's right, there are no active stylus compatible with the device,

However, you can use any and all passive stylus with the Chromebook without any issues whatsoever.

If you have any other concerns or queries, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

One of the reviewers of this chromebook on HP site mentioned that he/she was using stylus to write on this laptop, but it's not clear whether an active or a passive stylus it was. It's not clear either if the screen has a digitizer build-in.

HP Recommended

I have a follow-up question. You mentioned that active pens work with a digitizer built into the screen to allow communication between the touch screen and the pen.

Does this means that the HP Chromebook x360 14 does not have a digitizer built into the touch screen? 

Thanks

HP Recommended

[EDIT: My apologies....I thought I was posting this into a thread about the Chromebook X2. If you've read the previous content, apologies. If not...nothing to see here folks. Move right along. :)]

HP Recommended

just bought HP Chromebook x360 14b-ca0036nr and would like to know which stylus will work on it? also, any chance you know if display has builth in digitizer support? gtorydr@gmail.com andrew

HP Recommended

Searched near & far to find information regarding the stylus conundrum.

Passive stylus does not work! 

HP active stylus does not work.

WiMU Picasso active stylus DOES work.

Good luck 

HP Recommended

Has anyone else had success with the WiWU Picasso Active Stylus  on the 14" x360 cbook?  I'd enjoy hearing about it before purchasing one.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.