Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP spectre 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,  had the HP Spectre 15 for about a month and came to use the stylus for the first time today. It writes without touching the screen, >5mm above it, which makes it unusuable. 

I saw a previous archived post which suggested it was a hardware problem or the tip incorrectly sited but I have tried each of the tips supplied with no change. Anyone know what to do?

Advice appreciated, thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@willmeurig

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand you are having issues with the pen not working correctly. 

I would recommend you install the latest HP Pen control: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80343.exe

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer to this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, uninstall the keyboard drivers from the device manager and restart the computer.

• Please right-click on start>select device manager>Expand Keyboards>Right-click on the listed drivers and uninstall them. Then restart the computer and check again if the issue is fixed.
  • If it continues, please replace the stylus battery and check again if it gets resolved.
  • If it persists, please try to perform the prescribed troubleshooting steps from this link: HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.