Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Wanted to do a quick followup to my previous post regarding the Microsoft Surface Pen on a HP Spectre X360 15-bl075nr - the newest with the bronze color and 4K screen. 

Short answer - Got it fully functioning with all features including the click button for multi-program launching, eraser, etc. Everything works perfectly just like a Surface Pro 4.

Long answer - I just received the pen today. The reason it didn't work earlier this evening when I first posted is that when I pressed the click button 5 seconds to pair with the laptop as the instructions stated it only paired as an unknown device. This did allow me to use it as a drawing device as if it were the HP pen, but not with all the other features of the Surface Pen. I went into the Bluetooth settings and repaired the device and it did show up as a Surface Pen on the list waiting for the pairing. I proceeded through the pairing and suddenly EVERYTHING works as it if were a Surface Pro 4 tablet. 

I only ordered the Surface Pen as a replacement to the HP Pen based on what customers were saying on Amazon regarding my exact HP Spectre model and his experience with the HP pen. He stated he got the Surface Pen and enjoyed the experience so much more. I never thought that the pen would NOT be compatible since others with my model said it worked fine. I am sure those with older screens it may not work OR you do not have the pen paired up properly for it to work. The drivers for the Surface Pen are built into Windows 10. It does not require a special Surface driver at all. If the pen does not work then your screen must be older or it is not paired properly. 

I plan on using this new Spectre model for my YouTube channel for Photoshop tutorials. Will be using the Surface Pen as well as Pad Pucks to prop the angle up 20 degrees. 

Good luck to all in getting it to work with your systems.

HP Recommended
The 13t-w000 is one of the latest 13.3 model with the 7th generation i7 kaby lake cpu. It was just released in Dec 2016. The windows surface pen is not an active stylus but a blue tooth pen as i understand it. It's great to know the pen works as I'll try one.
HP Recommended

I am using an old Surface Pro 3 pen that I was using on my previous computer and it works fine on my  13-AC023DX.  Also, the pen that came with my Sony Vaio works perfectly as well.

HP Recommended

The surface pen works great on the Spectre X360 2017.  I had the 15inch with 16gb 4K display and 940mx video card.  I purchased the Surface Pen for the tip options that add a more natural feel.  It worked beautifully for me.

HP Recommended

I have the inital release of the 2017 x360 Spectre 13-w0xx and none of the active stylus pens work on it even though the HP ads showed people using a stylus with it. Within a month or so a new version was released that supports the stylus. While I love the convertible with the exception of the touchpad and stylus, my faith in HP has been lost.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.