Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio - 13-ak0001na

My HP Spectre Folio - 13-ak0001na notebook's touchscreen isn't working properly. The top half to three-quarters of the screen isn't responding correctly to my HP tilt pen. A small section at the bottom works fine and will let me draw and write using the pen, but the much larger top section will only allow me to draw horizontal lines in specific areas. I am forced to continually move documents or pages so that I am writing in the bottom section of the screen. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Eshi,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the touchscreen on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

• Is the touchscreen working correctly when you use your fingers?
  • Have you tried using a different pen?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-tilt-pen/19133801/document/c04706945

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply! I have looked at the attached document and as far as I am aware, the advice and support given there doesn't apply to my issue. I have an active stylus (the HP tilt pen). I had assumed this to be a problem with the stylus as per your reply. However, I have found that the touch screen seems to work and respond when I tap it in different areas with my fingers, but it will not allow me to draw with my pen, fingers but will work with the mouse. 

I have inserted an image to hopefully give you a better idea. The lines were an attempt to draw continuous squiggly or wavey lines. The white is by my finger, light pink the HP tilt pen and the dark pink is using the mouse.

I have already tried wiping my screen clean as per other advice given by HP so I don't think any touchscreen errors are to do with that.

Screenshot (8).png

HP Recommended

@Eshi,

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have managed to consult the above link after a bit of trouble, so apologies for the delay once again. 

While running the touch screen tests, one was passed but the other failed twice, as I was unable to move the rectangles properly in the 3 minute time limit. However I was not given the 24 digit fail code and instead it said the test was cancelled twice, which seems inaccurate. I will insert pictures to better illustrate what I mean in a secondary post.

Regardless, at this point I have been instructed by the same article to seek further help as even if both tests were passed, I am still experiencing now almost complete loss of writing functionality- only a centimetre band across the touchscreen is available for me to write consecutively on.

I would appreciate if you could direct me to whomever I need to now contact, or ideally a HP store near me where I can have the hardware or problem fixed as soon as possible.

HP Recommended

The failed/ cancelled testThe failed/ cancelled testTranscript of test logsTranscript of test logs

HP Recommended

@Eshi,

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.