Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my file folder, the images for my photos are not displaying. I have had this computer for a while and I have not changed any settings prior to the incident. This just happened one day and has not gone away. I have searched the web and HP for a solution. I've checked all the settings but the issue remains. I have tried resetting the settings, changing them, and then changing them back. Everything seems to be set where it should be. It's set to display large images, the other settings are set to show thumbnails and not icons, and etc. All I can see is a white square with a dog-eared paper in the middle. I have never had this problem before. Hopefully, someone can help me figure this out because it is impossible to find photos this way. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem Solved! My disk space was too full. I went through and cleared a few things and now thumbnails are appearing. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@kawigirl2006 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

Try fix here:

How to Clear the Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 

When you open the Disk Cleanup, select the "C" disk (will be the default)

When the little menu opens, scroll down to find the Thumbnails as described in the article.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I tried clearing the cache and I still cannot see any images. I was going to try a restore point, but apparently, I don't have any and my computer won't let me turn on system protection to create them.  But that's another problem for another day.

HP Recommended

Problem Solved! My disk space was too full. I went through and cleared a few things and now thumbnails are appearing. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@kawigirl2006 

Ah!  Makes sense.

Thanks for posting back.

Stay Safe.

Better 2021 for all...

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.