cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ecosse3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Thunderbolt 3 external monitor not working with HP Omen

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ce011nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought my HP Omen like 2,5 years ago. In shop, description it was saying it.s 15-ce011nw. In my HP Support Assistant it says it is OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx.

External monitor is Mi Curved Gaming 34'' 3440 x 1440 144Hz. Connecting via dedicated original Display Port - USB 3.1 C cable. In monitor DP version is 1.4.

My BIOS version is F.23. I cannot access Advanced options in BIOS to see if Thunderbolt is enabled.

On linux xrandr cannot find pesets for external monitor but lspci -v shows Thunderbolt 3 port. Services for this port are running correctly.

I recently updated windows, HP Support Assistant, BIOS and Thunderbolt 3 drivers. When I put my serial number on https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops website it shows it's OMEN by HP - 15-ce011nw.

On left side of my laptop next to USB C port I can see single thunderbolt icon. I also tested cable with MacBook Pro and it works perfect in 144Hz.

My windows settings in Display finds "Mi Monitor" but it says. "Display 2 is not active" and "Display 2: connected with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design".

Could anyone help me with that?

1 REPLY 1
Dan8719
Level 2
16 14 1 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Ecosse3, 

It seems that we had almost the same issue. Try looking at my post: "External monitor not working with thunderbolt connector". The problem seems to be related to an entry setted to 0 instead of 1 in the RegisterFile

Hope that with that you will be able to fix the problem. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation