Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Tilt Pen 2MY21AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I’m trying to find some way to program my tilt pen to be able to right click using one of the buttons on it. I found some configurations but they were just to let me open sticky notes, etc... Is what I want possible? If so, how exactly can I do it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jwrn217

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you wish to use one of a button as right click, 

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern, as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, 

This pen is not supported by any software. Here are a few things you could try on the pen: 

Depending on your computer and the app, the functions of buttons A and B vary. To view or edit the configuration of these buttons, use Windows® settings.

Note: This pen is not supported by HP Pen Control.

To switch between pen mode and presentation mode, press and hold B and then press A.

The default functions for A are as follows:

•In pen mode, press to open an application defined in Windows settings.

In presentation mode, press to perform the Page Down function.

•In pen mode, press to the screen to erase.*

•In pen mode, press twice to open an application defined in Windows settings.

In presentation mode, press twice to perform a Page Up function.

•In pen mode, press and hold to open an application defined in Windows settings.

The default functions for B are as follows:

• In pen mode, press to perform a right-click function or select an on-screen item.* In presentation mode, press to perform a left-click function.

• In presentation mode, press twice to perform a right-click function.

• In presentation mode, press and hold and then make a gesture to move the on-screen cursor.

These functions are performed if the pen is touching a touchscreen, regardless of Bluetooth® connection status.

Hope this helps 🙂

Keep me posted!

Cheers 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jwrn217

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you wish to use one of a button as right click, 

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern, as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, 

This pen is not supported by any software. Here are a few things you could try on the pen: 

Depending on your computer and the app, the functions of buttons A and B vary. To view or edit the configuration of these buttons, use Windows® settings.

Note: This pen is not supported by HP Pen Control.

To switch between pen mode and presentation mode, press and hold B and then press A.

The default functions for A are as follows:

•In pen mode, press to open an application defined in Windows settings.

In presentation mode, press to perform the Page Down function.

•In pen mode, press to the screen to erase.*

•In pen mode, press twice to open an application defined in Windows settings.

In presentation mode, press twice to perform a Page Up function.

•In pen mode, press and hold to open an application defined in Windows settings.

The default functions for B are as follows:

• In pen mode, press to perform a right-click function or select an on-screen item.* In presentation mode, press to perform a left-click function.

• In presentation mode, press twice to perform a right-click function.

• In presentation mode, press and hold and then make a gesture to move the on-screen cursor.

These functions are performed if the pen is touching a touchscreen, regardless of Bluetooth® connection status.

Hope this helps 🙂

Keep me posted!

Cheers 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended
Thank you very much, you’ve completely answered my question! For future people with this question: hold the button on the pen (not the one on the top) while tapping in order to right click.
HP Recommended

@jwrn217

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved 😉

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us 🙂

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

HP Recommended

Can you rebind what B button does to for example ctrl+z if so how to do it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.