Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP specter 360 convertible 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i just bought this new laptop HP specter 360 convertible 13 and  i have a problem installing the latest driver of HP tilt pen .the driver SP92070  is recommended by HP support assistant however it is falling to be installed  for unknown reason!!!!!!! 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@checkmate313 

HP Support Assistant may not be able to install the update. 

In general...

Open your computer homepage

Open category Software and Drivers (wording varies)

Open / Expand the driver list

Scroll down and find the "tilt" pen Driver

Download-save-install the software.

If the version is applicable to your setup and version, it will likely install.

After the installation is complete, Restart the computer and log in.

References

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem installing the driver because the laptop is now running the latest version of Windows 10 (1909).  The message is that the driver is not compatible with the version of Windows that the laptop is running.  When can we expect an updated driver or is there a work around to get it installed so the tilt functionality works?

Thanks,

Matt

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't seem to find the driver you mention in your post.  The HP Support Assistant via the web keeps referring me to SP98826, which never installs with the error message that my version of Windows 10 (1909) is not supported.  How can I obtain the one that you mention?  I have a new Spectre X360-13t.

Thanks for your time.

Matt

HP Recommended

@MattVK 

I cannot find any Pen drivers (at this writing) that state support beyond Windows V1903.

SP98826 does not even indicate which version(s) of Windows 10 it supports - and as we are finding out, "Versions" matter.

The following Driver is rated for V1903 - which might work (and seems marginally better than a driver that lacks any indication of Windows version at all).  Of course, the "magic" for the V1909 is still missing, so this may be another exercise in futility.

sp99123.exe

Information Files

sp99123.cva

sp99123.html

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

For example,

HP Spectre 15-ch000 x360 Convertible PC

More information can sometimes be found in your device Category Advisories

Wording varies, might be category "Bulletins"

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the reply.  I installed the driver you listed and nothing seems to work any better.  It is the EZTilt Pen driver, but it does not seem to attach itself to the actual Bluetooth HP Tilt Pen in device manager.  So not sure if I missed a step when installing (I did not receive any errors installing the driver).  This is frustrating as I would not have paid more for the Tilt Pen, if the tilt function would be hampered be outdated drivers.  Please address this HP!

@Dragon-Fur thank you for your effort and it is greatly appreciated.  Hopefully HP will make good on giving us what we paid for.

Best,

Matt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.