Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY - 13-ah0004ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating to Windows 2004. The top edges of all the applications are mirroring on the bottom edge. I have updated the Intel UHD Graphics as well but it doesn't resolve the issue.
I have uploaded images and videos in the link: Images and videos 
device manager bottomdevice manager bottomdevice manager topdevice manager topdevice manager bottom closerdevice manager bottom closerhp support app bottomhp support app bottomhp support app tophp support app top

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@TechExhibeo,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the display after updating to the latest version of Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-101000/sp100887.exe

If you continue facing the issue, then install the graphics driver from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96463.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @

Thank You for the reply and support.

I installed the BIOS update. However, I updated it a few days ago to check if it resolves the issue. Unfortunately, it didn't fix it.

I further proceeded with updating the graphics driver but it gave the following error. Windows version is v2004 but this update is for v1904 as per HP support and drivers page.Screenshot_2026.png

Screenshot_2027.png

HP Recommended

@TechExhibeo,

I recommend you roll back Windows to the previous version and check whether the issue is resolved.

Here is how it is done.

1. Open the Windows 10 Settings Menu by clicking the gear icon in the Windows Start menu, or by pressing “Windows+I” keys.
  2. Click “Update & security”
  3. Click the “Recovery” tab on the sidebar.
  4. Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click “Get started.”

Let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the option is gone as it was updated more than 10 days.

Screenshot_2028.png

HP Recommended

@TechExhibeo

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I performed the power reset steps by keeping pressed power off/on the button for 15 seconds. The LED glows for 2-3 seconds and then it stopped glowing. I guess its the correct way. Then the laptop was booted normally to the system automatically. I shut it down and booted it to the BIOS performing restore defaults followed by saving and restarting the system. Unfortunately, it didn't resolve the issue. I am still able to see the cursor hovering on top edge getting mirrored to the bottom edges.

HP Recommended

@TechExhibeo

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank You for your kind support and time.

It's a big task for me to reset the system and re-setup. So, I did some other methods to confirm if its hardware or software issues. I performed live boot of following OS using USB on my laptop.

Windows 10 v1909

Windows 10 v2004

xUbuntu

Linux Mint

In all the above my laptop screen had the same edges screen issue. The top edge was getting mirrored to lower edges. It looks like to be a hardware issue with the screen and not related to software or corrupt hardware.

I did some research and found Intel Graphics Driver Utility has some Custom Aspect ratio option in which we can move and adjust the screen and fit as per requirement. Somehow this option is missing for me in the software. The option missing is in the image below found over the internet.
sshot-27

Is there any way to access/enable this option in the software or any other method to adjust the aspect ratio with custom values?

HP Recommended

@TechExhibeo,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.