Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17, 4PY22UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my laptop about seven months now....  love it.  I do not use nor need the touch screen feature.  Several times I have accidentally touched the screen and unexpected things happen.  It goes crazy when I forget and try to clean the screen.  Can this feature be disabled?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Fatdeluxe,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try these steps here: 

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, then select Device Manager.

• Select the arrow next to Human Interface Devices and then select HID-compliant touch screen. (There may be more than one listed.)
  • Select the Action tab at the top of the window. Select Disable device or Enable device, and then confirm. If there's more than one HID-compliant touchscreen device listed, perform steps 2–3 for that one too.

Screenshot of the Device Manager menu that lists the hardware associated with the device

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Fatdeluxe,

Let's try these steps here: 

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, then select Device Manager.

• Select the arrow next to Human Interface Devices and then select HID-compliant touch screen. (There may be more than one listed.)
  • Select the Action tab at the top of the window. Select Disable device or Enable device, and then confirm. If there's more than one HID-compliant touchscreen device listed, perform steps 2–3 for that one too.

Screenshot of the Device Manager menu that lists the hardware associated with the device

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I only had one "HID-compliant touch screen" listed and your procedure worked.  

HP Recommended

@Fatdeluxe,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my public post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have Human Display Interface - but no tab for touch screen. 

HP Recommended

@batman19,

What is the product number of your HP notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to run a test on the Touchscreen from F2?

Could you please respond to this post with the details so that I an provide you with accurate solution, which should help you resolve this issue. 

Waiting for your response!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i already did hid compliant. i tried to disable theHp wirless button driver but it dosnt give me the option. only unistall options.

HP Recommended

@cutieb1313
Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution and to check product details, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.