Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Well, I'll avoid to install the firmware upgrade.
My Spectre x360 came back recently from repair under warranty after only two months of use because of a faulty hinge and I'd like to enjoy it a bit.
The repair needed 1 month because of shipment and spare parts.

I'm not going to send it again back to repair for any firmware update related issue.

HP Recommended

Same here. It took me a month for parts to arrive and then when I received it back, the rear panel had a horizontal scratch across the entire surface and had to send back for replacement. The screen issue has been fixed but I lost confidence in the reliability of service center.

I would've waited if I knew the screen firmware was on its way to the update center.

HP Recommended

Hi Bleu, thanks for sharing your experience.
I think HP is a great brand, but it needs to improve their customer service a lot. this is what makes a company a great company. Saving in support and repairing procedures isn't the way to go: it's the recipe for the disaster.

I'm sorry your laptop come back scratched on the back cover.
Mine risked it too, because the HP/UPS pickup & return box is  really bad when it comes to protect its content.
Mine laptop was secured with just transparent film fixed on a base of cardboard. The power supply wasn't secured it travelled all around the box for all the duration of the shipment (1300+kilometers), bumping on the laptop I suppose.
Around the laptop it was almost empty, air bags or anything else to protect it.
Anyway, my back cover wasn't positioned correctly: it was not attached correctly, leaving the back cover bent for about 5-6 cm with a small hole of some millimeters. I had to disassembly the back cover and reseat it in place with a Torx T5 screwdriver.
I've lost my reliabilty in repairs with HP too.
Even if they treated me well: they replaced the hinge, the display entirely and the wifi card (this one I don't know why, maybe faulty one).

Why they didn't send the replacement back cover directly to you, instead of sending again the laptop to repair? Is hard to replace by end user?

Note: the box is pretty solid, but in case of heavy weight or object it could have damaged my laptop. And it traveled with the PSU running all around. If I buy a premium product I expect a premium customer service.

WP_20161212_14_52_24_Raw.jpg

WP_20161212_13_28_05_Raw.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.